The new Nanopore Reader is a compact and portable read-out device with miniaturized flow cell for ultra low noise recordings of solid state nanopores and biological pores. The unit can be used for experimental activity such as resistive pulses, single molecule detection, DNA translocation. Thanks to its dimension and high data resolution, this unit is a versatile platform suitable for different applications if combined with the specific nanosensor, from water quality monitoring, environmental pollution analysis, agriculture tests and disease marker detection.
The Nanopore Reader uses two different flow cell depending on the nanopore typology.
For solid state nanopores, the flow cell measures only 15x25x8 mm, it integrates the Ag/AgCl electrodes, the nanopore slot and two compartments for fluids (30 µl bottom, 60 µl top).
5×5 mm squared or 3 mm round nanopore chip can be hosted into the flow cell.
For biological pores, the flow cell (BLMchip) measures 15x25x6 mm and integrates the Ag/AgCl electrodes. The septum is made by a Polyimide layer of 50 µm thickness and three micro holse size are available (100 µm, 150 µm, 200 µm). The BLMchip allows an easy access to the buffer solution of both the chambers by pipetting. The top chamber volume is 60 µl while the bottom chamber volume is 30 µl.
- Open input (RMS) noise (Voltage range ±700mV) : 70 fA rms @ 1kHz – 244 fA rms @ 10 kHz – 2,29 pA rms @ 100 kHz
- Open input (RMS) noise (Voltage range ±2000mV) : 100 fA rms @ 1kHz – 415 fA rms @ 10 kHz – 3,51 pA rms @ 100 kHz
- Current ranges: ±200pA (Gain 2.25GΩ), ±2nA (Gain 225MΩ), ±20nA (Gain 22.5MΩ), ±200nA (Gain 2.25MΩ)
- Voltage hold ranges: ±700mV (ultra low noise); ±2000mV (low noise)
- Parametric voltage protocols
- Max sampling rate: 200 ksps
- Oversampling by 4 selectable
- Available bandwidth between 62,5 Hz to 100 KHz
- Auto electrodes voltage offset fine compensation
- Continuous Capacitance and Resistance estimation
- USB powered
- Size & Weight: 101 x 44 x 18 mm, 140 g